4.3l mercruiser stahl at idle

Adk1

Run it out by running the boat or are you referring to the post saying open it up and clean it? I hear people talk about draining the bowl is this where water would accumulate?

Well the internet is a wonderful thing. Boat defiantly going to the marina for carb rebuild and replacement of bellows and to service or if need be replace the gimbal bearing. I have always been an outboard person so learning things that to look out for on I/o drives. This will explain the water getting into my bilge! Oh man....

Edited by Adk1

That sounds like a plan, I hope they solve all your problems so you can get back out on the lake with a good peice of mind.

Mine did the semi-same in my Islander years ago.

Took the carb off, disassembled it, cleaned it, reassembled it and never even needed a gasket set. Good thing as the young man at the local auto parts store didn't have a clue when I asked him for a re-build kit for a 2-bbl. Rochester.

• 2 weeks later...

I got it all fixed. Was the carb. All set now. I don't have a Rochester carb I have a merc carb. Guy told me it was 120 just for the kit for the merc carb.