loose cannon dual axis rod holder

I picked up a couple of the dual axis rod holders for my boat. After a couple times out, they seem really sloppy and loose, just on the swivel/rotating action. I looked at the bottom but couldnt figure out how to tightne them up? Anyone else have this? or solutions to fix? thanks moe

I found the same thing over the last week. 2 of my 6 loosened up significantly. Sloppy. You can take them apart and tighten them. Take the two small Allen bolts out on the Bottom. Those screw holes provide access to 2 more Allen head bolts on the bottom. Take those out. Now the holder should be apart and you can access the large center Allen bolt and tighten it down. I added more loctite to that bolt. It's the culprit and why they loosen up. If cannon was smart they would have just flipped that bolt so that the bolt head could be accessed from the bottom and tightened. Or put a nut on the bottom so it could be tightened there. That way you wouldn't have to disassemble the whole damn thing when they loosen up. They are really awesome holders but going through this scenario is time consuming and not ideal.

Yeah some of these things could be designed better...I have 3 ($80 each) Perko rail mount SS rod holders where the threads have stripped and the threads are actually cast metal so the SS bolts chew them up....and I have 12 of them so I'm keeping my fingers crossed on the others.