simple wash down system install advice needed.

chowder

We are filleting as we fish now which eliminates the need for a big box on little boat. What I need to know is can I use my thru hull livewell water line (which I never use) to feed a wash down pump? I'm assuming I need an inline filter to protect the pump. Any recommendations for a simple kit for a washdown setup. I will be just using this to wash blood,etc off the transom area- using a pail has gotten cumbersome. Thanks! -Andy

Andy,

They sell Jabsco washdown pumps and Flojet which have a small inline filter which comes with the pump so the filter ins't the issue. I would imagine you could use the same through hull connector from the live well, but make sure you have a big enough intake water line or you wont pass enough volume of water though the pump and you'll burn it out. On my boat, the livewell pump is pretty dinky along with the line going to it. The washdown pump line is much bigger - I want to say it's 3/4". If your livewell line is 3/4", you're all set.

Good luck,

Chris

Thanks Chris! Got a big 3/4 inlet hose, so I ordered the Jabsco kit. Gonna leave the livewell drain setup as is, since we toss fish in there untill we have time to deal with them. Sure will be handy to blast that baby out without the bucket program!