Wind and Weather

Where do most of you check winds for Lake O? I have a smaller boat. All the pics I've seen over the last 3 or 4 weekends look real flat. Seneca is my home base for fishing. But the Big O is looking very enticing.

Brent

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

windfinder .com, sailflow.com.....also,knowing how to read preasures,highs and lows and which direction the air flows around them.you can be your own meteorologist.the noaa site shows where the highs and lows are headed for the next six days.typically, when a good high comes in, you get 2-3 days of good seas,mid july to mid august being the best.hope that helps

Fished the O for long time and still do. I use an App called-Wind Alert- can get in apple or android format. In short it will allow you to check into you're favorite spots and get current wind direction and speed but more importantly the history of you're favorite and of course the forecasted winds.

Wouldn't be without it especially now that I've gotten rid of my power boat and fish from kayak

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I'll 2nd the sailflow.com. I've had good luck with it since it was recommended by somebody here couple years ago. The wind direction and speed forecast is much more local as compared to NOAA. My 2 favorite words are light and variable.

Weather Underground.   They have a collection of weather "stations" and there are numerous one's along the lake shore.  I fish out of Sandy, and the yacht club there just added

a station that is situated right at the mouth of the creek, so you get live wind direction and speeds.  (The site takes a bit of looking around to find what you are after...the weather stations

are part of the "wundermaps" tab.   it's weather station #69.

Also, they have a marine forecast that is usually (but not always) close.    You can also look up the buoy that is located north of Rochester that gives real time 

wind and wave heights.