I took out a friend from work and his boy. After seeing the less than stellar fishing reports, I wanted to get in early and shallow to find some browns. We doubled up on 2 browns (3-4 pounds) on the first pass east at 6AM. One on a green/silver Jr Thunderstick flatline, and one on an Orange/Yellow Stinger spoon down 5' with the rigger. They were both in about 10-12' of water. We made a few more passes, and had a few bumps but nobody home.

I started working my way out and dropping down. Lots of marks from 20-50', but no takers. I put out 2-6 colors of lead core with spoons. Nothing there either. We worked out west to 120' with a mix of spoons and stick baits, and it was a blank screen.

Headed to Bear Creek and found bait balls everywhere from 40-80'. Lots of arches too, but again no takers. Between P-ville and Bear Creek we ran into a lot of slime. It was making a mess of the lines. It seemed to be throughout the water column. I was wondering if some of the bait balls I was marking was actually big clumps of slime.

I was going to drop the cowbells down and some dipsies, but I could see they were getting bored and tired. So we headed in around 10. Lake was nice, fishing was slow, and flies were getting bad. (No Skunk ;) )

Tom

try coleman with deet for the flies,i put it on before I get into flies and its works better,also i add some every other hour,few bites

They took a 22 lb laker in front of my port sunday120 down on cowbell in the loc

Tom, I think you talked to my father at the launch sunday morning. said you would be on 69. we were working deeper water 150-300 went 1 for 4 with a skippy king tons of bait but very few hooks. I was in the sport craft red top. I will be back at it on Thursday going to target browns and see if I can get more action in the rods!!

We marked quite a few large fish sunday 90 down over 140.They were last year also in the same area.Can,t wait till we get a better thermocline.Talked to another boat monday .he took ten lakers on the bottom in 200.Never fished that deep before Now that must take alot of skill.  :)  :)  :)