Dri Dek Boat flooring

Fishtails

I mentioned a bit back that I was looking to install duragrid flooring in my boat. Several said it was not a good product for various reasons, so I reconsidered. After doing more research, I ended up going with a similar product called Dri-Dek and I am absolutely thrilled with this flooring. I installed it a week ago and I have walked on it in the rain, and even with ice on it.....definitly anti-slip!! It's very easy to remove for cleaning.

As far as it moving around, It does need to be attached to your floor in one or two places to lock it in place, unless you do the whole boat.

Here is the product I used. I think the price was around $4.50 a square foot.

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewdridek.html

Here are a few pictures of it installed on our boat Lucky Enuff

Pq1qClNJ.jpg

aVA34A9.jpg

aVA3r1r.jpg

Looks good Rod!! How was the stuff to work with - cutting, seaming etc? Do you think there would be any issues with hooks getting caught in it if lures were dropped? Can the kids build leggo's on it? Ok, I know, poor attempt at humor :D:lol:

thanks,

Shawn

Shawn, that old saying "It's so easy a monkey can do it" applies here. They suggest using a utility knife, but I found scissors to work better.

I already dropped hooks on it....no problems. They don't stick into the rubber unless maybe you stepped on them. The tiles just snap together. Once you lay it out, do your cuts and snap it together, it becomes basically one mat that you can then just roll up and remove for cleaning.

I used a wooden mallet to snap them together, but a rubber mallet would be fine also. You can snap the tiles together without a mallet....but why? Total install time was about 2 hours.

Rod you will be very happy with your choice. We have been using that in the compartments of our Firetrucks for 20 years. It is very durable and I have never once had a problem with it. The only thing I can tell you is make sure you do not shuffle your feet as this material is very aggressive. You will end up falling in the back of the boat a few times until you get the hang of it.... I can guarantee you that.......Woody.

I don't have any...so it wasn't very difficult :lol::lol:

Just my fuel tank is below deck, but I can remove it easy if I need to access below.

You raise a good point though for you guys with below deck storage. That's a hurdle you'd have to figure out depending on your situation.