Well it was a last minute trip to the big pond and also the first of the year!! Went to Sodus knowing the proam was going on just figured we would stay out of everyone's way and that we did!! Got to the ramp at about 7 and on the water around 7.30 left the shoot saw a lot of boats around 200fow ran out to about 100 and set up figured we would work around everyone but no one was truning back guys kept heading to their spots!! Fished are way out seeing bait and a few marks but not much after about 45min we got are first bite on a 200 copper with a flt spoon!! While fighting that one the 220 dipsy started thumping nick

Was on the copper I grabbed the dipsy and began the dance of rods and steering! He got the board to the boat and I un hooked it and back we went I rushed my fish to the boat 12lb or so laker slid it threw the door and and to the front of the boat an went for the net still was not sure what nick had but just knew was a heavy fish I mover the starboard rigger over to clear that side and bam it fired king on!!!!! Then at the same time we saw nicks and it was a king to and a good one so my rod went in the holder as it pulled line and we focused on his after some exciting moment boat side slid the net under the low 20s king and back to mine, worked it back to the boat and in the net 13ish fish well nice start a triple with 2 kings and a laker! We worked that area over pretty good since no other boats came back around us!!! Had a few other king bits and browns but nothing big lots if lure changes found some interesting color choices that worked!!!!!! One fish on meat one fish on fly all others came on flt spoons!!! Was just nice to get to play with the kings again and talk with guys as they weighed fish in planning another trip soon!!!post-147332-14059489811599_thumb.jpgpost-147332-14059490027283_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Sweet. I didn't see this report. I had a blast. Thanks for letting me best you to the boat and hook up with my truck first! I'm sure you knew what it meant. I was surprised to hear how rough the fishing was but we got lucky I guess. Set up on a few active fish. I see more recent reports on fb and guys seem to be doing better as this week has gone on. Can't wait to get back up after our wedding this weekend.

Wish we could fish the challenge this year. That's too bad!!!

Til next time!

Sent from my XT907 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Nice going Joe and Nick! Best wishes on the wedding Nick....we'll be thinking of you while we're out fishing this weekend :lol:  Joe will probably have his boat right outside the reception waiting to take off :)

Edited by Sk8man

Nice going Joe and Nick! Best wishes on the wedding Nick....we'll be thinking of you while we're out fishing this weekend :lol: Joe will probably have his boat right outside the reception waiting to take off :)

les it's kinda funny you say that since I have a tournament on Cayuga on Sunday so it will actually be hooked to the truck lol. Yeah iron duke we wish we could fish the challenge! Hahaha

You can say goodbye to your fishing buddy after this weekend Joe. It's all over for Nick. Rumor is he's selling all fishing equipment and is taking up tennis.

i know this rumor lol... And les just can't stay off the water rain sleet shine or hangover it's all the same lol

I was surprised to hear how rough the fishing was but we got lucky I guess. Set up on a few active fish.

As it turns out I think you a right. Many teams went back to their numbers from the previous day (way East or way West of Sodus) and the fish were gone. Luckily some of them had moved to right out in front of Sodus where you guys were. The bite Sunday for us was actually pretty good after about 8 am. The early bite was pretty weak. We just missed a few that made for an average day for us.