Wilson to Oak current

Without having a speed and temp unit ( hoping to purchase a sub troll in spring ) I know there's typically a good west to east current. When fishing deeper it seems I can mitigate this somewhat with north/south troll. However, when I fish for browns I usually stay with an east/west troll.

Theoretically should I be trolling a little faster going into the current and slower going with? Or do I have this backwards? I know the speed and temp unit would take the guess work out but I have to save a little cash.

Any feedback on sub troll or depth raider? Fish hawk is a little out of my price range.

Just watch your divers and rigger cable if they aren't pinned and bent you aren't going fast enough. When all else fails stay 2.8-3.0 GPS. Typically going into them GPS speed will be slower, last day I was up 2.5 into them 3.0 with them and caught fish in both directions. Another thing you can watch is your drags when you spin it around to go into them if they are creeping going into the wind you might be going to fast, just pay attention to them while your going with them as well you want them at the point of not creeping with them...then same against them if that makes sense. 

But yeah Probe way easier and takes the guesswork out. obvious is obvious 

Before I had down speed I always used my rigger cables as a reference. I would make sure they laid back and I would also check my back riggers for lateral shift. I would try to minimize that lateral shift so my spread tracked straight. Speed and down temp one of the most important tools so it should be at the top of a wish list. Current is tough to make generalizations on as it varies so widely even in the same day.