I have been fishing this same week for the last 12 years and unfortunately this was the worst week I have ever experienced. The

bottom line is the number of kings out there is pathetic. Normally we troll from 100' to 250' this time of the year and we see squadrons of kings schooling up on the sonar. This year there is just one or two kings here and there. Our best depth the whole trip was 620' of water down 120' to hit temp. Lots of skippys out there with a few matures mixed in. The depths from 600' in to 200' were basically void of life. Most of the charter boats are out trolling in the 600's with us. We boated 7 mature kings in the week with the biggest at 28 pounds. Many skippys and a few teenagers. We even boated 2 browns in 620' of water. We also boated quite a few steelies out there. I wish I had a better report for everyone but I fear this salmon season is going to be a bad one numbers wise.........I hope I'm wrong.

Best flasher fly was the white green dot spinny with Atommik big fin crinkle glow fly.

Double Green Glow spiny with Atommik Kevin's secret fly

and the always favorite double glow spiny with crinkle green glow fly.

You have to have glow colors on when fishing down 120' to 140'

Very few spoon hits. But glow green dolphin and Bobys King of sting spoon took a few shots.

If you do out to the 600' depth, use caution on running coppers and dip sys, the currents are very strong out there. We learned that the hard way.