snapping line

After all this data you would think the conclusion would be 30lb mono of choice. It holds up to black releases, does well with fleas and can be easily tied bulletproof with a palmar knot quick and easy. Leader it down for spoons, spring browns or for what ever stealth reasons you want. Double uni knots have been bulletproof for me when leadering down. I am partial to Ande pink. I have a monster spool of 30lb that I bought in 99 that I keep in a paper bag that I respool with. Some of my rods haven't been repooled in 4-5yrs and it hasn't degraded.I did tie on 200ft of Blood run sea flee for this last trip on 3 reels and it performed well.

• 1 month later...

You can, it will work. Im kind of an odd ball. We use 30# dacron as a main and 30# pline as a leader. I started a couple years ago because the dacron is so cheap. It also lasts much longer. I get a couple years out of my main line. Its also the only combo ive ever seen that can rap around a rigger cable and not break. 1200' of 30# dacron sells for $33. Only buying one roll every other year...you know.