auto pilot

steelydan

for trolling, i wont need the remote throttle. the kicker pushes the boat at 1.5mph at idle. simple would be best for me, its a small boat usually with 3 guys and a 9 rod spread.

It's nice to be able to bump the speed up in very small increments that just can't be done via controls or tiller handle. I can go up in 0.1 mph increments. My kicker idles at 1.5 also.

I fish mainly walleyes and they like 2-2.3 in summer and down to 1.3-1.5 in late fall so the control is necessary for me

Good luck with your purchase. I'm sure all of the options work well

For trolling I don't think you can beat the Garmin Tr 1 gold. I have the Simrad Ap 24 which is very similar to the new lowrance autopilot that is coming out. To get it to hold heading at low speeds you really need to add a rate compass. Most auto pilots will have trouble holding a heading at low speeds 3 mph +\- the TR 1 gold is designed to work at trolling speeds and is incredible. The new lowrance autopilot or the Simrad with a rate compass will work well to. But as Big Mac said you will be surprised how much you appreciate the throttle control on the Tr1. Speed is very very important to sucess somedays 0.1 of a mph will be the difference and getting that kind of control manually is very difficult.

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk