Back to upstate NY to help tackle Lake Ontario's biggest environmental challenges

HI LOU, my name is Rick Smith.  I grew up in the Rochester area and have been fishing Lake Ontario/Sodus Bay my entire life.  I received a B.S. from SUNY Brockport in Fisheries Biology and Chemistry, and went on to get my Ph.D in Chemical Oceanography from Texas A&M University.  After working on marine contamination issues from unexploded ordnances for the Department of Defense at the University of Connecticut on Long Island, I have come full circle back to upstate NY.  I now own a small business, Global Aquatic Research LLC.  Our aim is to consult with local municipalities and organizations to improve the environmental status of Sodus Bay and Lake Ontario.  This includes fisheries issues such as invasive species, habitat loss, eutrophication, hypoxia, and water quality and contamination.  We are networked with scientists around the country and the globe and have access to a multitude of resources.  Please email us at [email protected] and let us know how we can help with your specific problems.  You can also find us online at www.globalaquaticresearch.com.  I am glad to be back to this beautiful area.  Happy hunting and Happy fishing -Rick

Edited by GlobalAquaticResearchLLC