Is it really only April 26th? 'Cuz it sure felt like June out there to me today. Lots of clear water and no significant temp breaks again today. Our best stick bait was the KA-BOOM Goby in gray, but the new Dreamweaver VQ Goby spoon was the star of the day for us. We did a brown right off the bat in 12 FOW (the brown was all scarred up with lamprey marks) just East of the chute on the KA-BOOM and then we trolled our way down the shoreline for quite a ways before deciding to head out to deeper water. We put some of our spread down 15-25 feet when we got out to 75 FOW and within minutes we were hooked up. We stayed out there for most of the rest of the morning and continued to pick away at them. Every fish we took out there came on that VQ Goby with the exception of a nice steelie that came on that R&R spoon that worked for us last weekend. Riggers down 15, 20, and 25 all took fish, as did our 2-color core and our flatlines off the boards. Best part of the day was a double on a brown and another King!

BartosApril262008003.jpg

BartosApril262008013.jpg

BartosApril262008009.jpg

I got those spoons directly from Dreamweaver, but you should be able to get them from www.gloutdoorstore.com. If they don't have them on the site just yet, it's only because they're brand new...just give 'em a call and they'll get them from DW for you. And I think Fat Nancy's might have some locally.

The King only weighed 11 lbs, but it fought like a much bigger fish...fun stuff!