1st time out. Checked out new riggers and cannon SnT. Gear working great but fishing s_ _ ked. Marked a lot in 60 - 70 feet but no takers. There is a lot of debris around Olcott and I mean a LOT.

Fished out of Olcott on Tuesday... we were the only boat out there! Great color line at the end of the creek. We trolled the same half mile stretch of water (west of the creek) for four hours. Pulled in 7 browns (largest at 6 lbs most 2 lbs), three cohos (one biggie at 9 lbs), one king and one steelie. Had maybe six more long distance releases. Great day. Little chilly but nice.

When we came into the harbor, we were greeted by the DEC biologists. They came aboard and checked the fish, took some scale samples. Was very interesting talking to them. They were quite happy we caught and kept some fish as they were waiting a few hours for us to come in. Apparently we were their only "action" for the day! Well, besides one guy fishing off the pier for perch or something.

Was my first time fishing out of that port. Very nice place. I'll be back again. Stayed at the Lighthouse Motel and was very happy with the setup. The three dollar cheeseburger and wedge fries at the bar across the creek was deliscious! and a definite bargain!