Found my bow buck!

Hit this guy the first week of archery during a monsoon if anybody remembers how hard it rained. Hit him tight to the shoulder and didn't get much penetration, blood was good but washed away quickly. Had deer search come out and the dog struggled to keep the trail after a valiant effort we called it quits. Found only 60 yds from where the dog stopped!post-145275-14280135489352_thumb.jpgpost-145275-14280135959287_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

That's a real shame. Nice buck. My buddy makes fun of me, but I won't bow hunt in the rain. It's just too easy to have something like this happen. I'm glad you managed to find the rack...at least now you know it died clean.

Thats really cool, I always struggle with the when to quit factor and my dog. I always trust her, but without confirming blood its very tough to continue tracking. If we know for sure it's a killing shot I usually go till we can't go anymore. Congratulations on finding him great to be able to respect a buck like that, and give him a home to be admired in.

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app