Thanks guys

Thanks Guys

Well I finally got most of the stuff in for the boat (2004 18' trophy walk around 115 merc saltwater 4 stroke). I got the depth raider it worked great and thanks for the connection advise. I then ended up with a Lowrance 525df it fit the budget and I needed a gps plotter so i ended up with this one (Jim @ BOE recommended it for my price range he is a Great Guy) I am still figuring it out but it has a 50K/200K transducer and 500W RMS also it has a pretty decent GPS system with an external antenna. I did want a Furon or ray-marine but ran out of money maybe in the future. I also had to get a radio and antenna man this boat had nothing on it. I picked up a couple of old mag10's for pretty cheap and got them on there man they are allot better than then those old hand cranks on the last boat LOL. I got some board reels from traxtech they seem nice and the cannon boards where pretty cheap from BOE. I have some rail mount rod holders for know but I ordered some gimbal mount triple rod holders from LPG products but they have not yet come in. I set up a couple wire rigs accu depth plus 47lc on 10' ugly stick roller tip rods with a 1000' of 7strand ss 30# they worked good during the shake down. I am now working to set up a 600' copper rig I have the wire and rod I just need to order another reel ganders is out of the accu+ reels. I am now officially broke but the Boat came with a full 52 gal tank and this motor just sips the gas Thank God.

I would like to thank Everybody who helped and the people who's old posts I have read. By the way the shake down went great and i even caught a little shaker so here first trip was not a skunk. I almost forgot i also bought 2 18" trolling bags from Amish outfitters and with those out the boat comes right down to 0.8 at idle so when I need them they are there.

THANKS AGAIN!!!

Gene

Now I will have to figure out how to catch fish with this stuff so I am sure you will be hearing from me again with allot more newbie questions LOL.

Gene, I sent you a P.M. about a week ago. Did you ever receive it? Sounds like you are well under way with your rig. As you have found out, the group of guys and girls on this site are a great group. So no question is a dumb question. We are all still learning and have been there before. Again best of luck this year, and first and foremost be safe. Play on the side of caution at all times. Not all the fish in the great lakes is worth losing a life over. I cut my teeth on an open bow 16' It made me well aware of the respect that we must give to these open bodies of water. -Duane

Hi Duane

I got the PM thanks for the kind words. You are right the people here on this site are great. I too cut my teeth on a 16' alumnium open bow the last 10 years on lake erie, ontario, 1000 island area and the finger lakes. I agree and I always say fish hard but be safe.

Thanks

Gene