Copper kinks...

Got my new spro swivels in the mail today and pulled the copper out to splice in the new swivels and the mono section to put in the release.... I noticed about 4 or 5 kinks in the copper line..... Not knowing much about the integrity of this line if these kinks are about to cause me a problem..... 45 lb blood run.....any advise?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Got my new spro swivels in the mail today and pulled the copper out to splice in the new swivels and the mono section to put in the release.... I noticed about 4 or 5 kinks in the copper line..... Not knowing much about the integrity of this line if these kinks are about to cause me a problem..... 45 lb blood run.....any advise?

Kinks don't present much of an issue. I straighten the copper out and pull it tight. Unless you have broken strands the integrity and strength of the copper is not compromised.

I was about to answer but Paul got it first. I would add that what was recommended was for braided copper which most folks use but for single strand copper ANY kinks need to be cut out. because straightening the wire severely affects the integrity of it. Same for monel wiire

Edited by Sk8man

It depends how bad it's kinked. I had a few in a section last year that I smoothed out and thought were ok. Next time out a fish took my offering and it broke right where one of the kinks was. If you get a kink near the end cut it out.