Saw the weather forecast for the weekend so I made a last minute run to Sandy this AM. Hit the water at 7:15 and trolled between Sandy and the pump house.

Did a double by myself with 2 teenage kings and that's always fun (13-15 lbs each) first one hit a pink spoon I had never put in the water before (I'll post a picture of it, it was given to me by a friend years ago and I'm not sure what it even is :shock: ) the second hit a mullatto that had a orange crush cheatin above it. Well after getting the first fish in the boat and released back I grab the second one and get it to the back corner of the boat that has the rigger out of the way and as I'm trying to get the net it decides to screw across the back of the boat and into the rigger cable that's still in the water :x and sure enough it breaks off good by king and and 2 lures ;( ............. BUT WAIT the rigger is bouncing, could it be :?: I bring the rigger up from 60ft and the orange crush on the cheater is hooked on the cable :shock: :shock: :D:D:D I grab the lure and the fish is still on it swimming next to me but the net is on the other side of the boat so I grab the lure in the fishes mouth and haul it into the boat :shock: :D:D:D:D:D:D Stayed in that area for a bit but no other takers

Manage one other skipper.

20 and 60 down and 12 and 20ft back over 180ft, 2.5 on the GPS and a surface temp 44.5 (still no probe but I think I figured out the problem :D )

Trolled out to 235 and back but the surface temp went as low as 41 as I went north and stopped marking the few fish I did mark.

Pics will be posted later on the pics page along with 2 other tid bits I got while out today :? :shock: ;)

Talked with Jax after he went out of the Oak and he'll post his report later I'm sure, but he did well.