Cayuga Cayuga conditions Friday

Went out Friday afternoon out of Meyers to break in new kicker motor. The launch was open with the water just a couple of inches from swamping the dock. There was a steady semi westerly wind (8 mph or so) that was pushing a lot of debris towards the east shore. I found lots of open water, with occasional debris. The debris, lots of it, was concentrated in several long slicks in the eastern third/quarter of the lake. The open water areas did have the same or slightly more loose wood in it that we have been experiencing for the last months. A few people were up on plane in the middle of the lake. I thought they were nuts!

My prediction is next week to be cautiously navagitable, two weeks before the lake is back to its pre storms state.

On a happier note, I threw out some lines in the top 10 to 30 feet just for the fun of it and caught two rainbows and a chunky laker. All came on a small purple spoon.

Stay safe and keep a keen eye out for debris. Remember that Cayuga is under a no wake within 500 ft of shore restriction.