I was out yesterday morning and Thursday morning. Got skunked on Thursday, yesterday only managed a 8lb bow and lost probably another bow on the diver. Both fish on spoons, 175fow down 40 on the rigger and out 110ft on 3 setting on the diver. Marked lots of bait in tight and some nice hooks but couldn't get them to hook up. I think theres just so much bait its hard to compete for the bite. I marked bait balls from 20ft down past 75 feet solid. How could they pass up all that and decide to hit my lure? Anyhow, back at it again hopefully for a whitby pm fish on Sunday.

Good luck everyone

I was out the other day (08 July) and had a couple of knock offs, one shaker and one chinook around 30 lbs. I too launched from the Gordon Street ramp.

Was my first sizable chinook of the season. Previously I only had caught one small coho.

Has anyone noticed this year that the fishing regulations has cut possesion of rainbows from 5 fish to 2 fish? Why the drastic cut?

In all honesty, I hadn't realized that the derby had already started. It was only after boating the fish and checking the derby start date on my phone did I realize the enormity of my mistake. I safely released the fish but am regretting not having done my research and having bought a derby ticket before heading out as I had taken my wife to Gagnon's to renew her fishing license. I even bought a new spin doctor and discussed salmon fishing with the guy at Gagnon's and the fact there is now a new $4.00 "service fee" tacked onto the cost of a fishing license/outdoor card plus tax on that $4.00 "service fee".

ya service charges on top of service charges plus tax blah blah blah...the money grab is getting  little disgusting. I wouldn't mind so much if we could see a solid contribution back into the fisheries but that hasn't happened yet.  

Congrats on the nice fish, hopefully she will come back for a visit...

I'm heading out tomoro AM for a quick fish with the old man, hopefully a successful fish. Its been tough this year.

Cheers

Im out right now...105 fow..marking lots of nice hooks down at around 50 and 60 fow but no bites except for a small one i could put in my fishtank. Could be the east wind. Get to wash the new spoons though

Edited by Santana2

I fish out of whitby usually several times a week, meat has been the best producer but the biggest fish (placed 3rd last week in the GOSD) came on a spoon run off a 7 colour. I've been catching alot of fish up high (40-60)

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

Went out of Whitby on Saturday and Sunday, one coho landed by fluke hit on the surface while letting line out, several knock offs and shakers, tons of bait in 80 ft some bait balls were 20 ft thick, only kings I saw were two that jumped in the harbour