1998 Stratos 2700 CC..anybody owns one in this site?

Hi everyone, I came across a 1998 Stratos Cenetr Console with two Johnson 225 HP two strokes.. boat is in a great shape.. not soft spots or stress cracks. It will obviously need a kicker motor for trolling. Just wondering if some one here is familiar with this type of boat.

I love the boat but I'm scare of the two old Johnson on it even thou they had always been taken care by professionals.

Any word of wisdom?

No room for a kicker much. Fast boat! No experience with Johnsons. Original 2 strokes? Any hour readings? Cylinder pressure test before buying. Not salt water I hope. 27 foot good length for typical lake ontario wave set. T top?

Edited by skipper19

Thank you Skipper..The motors are original but no idea of how many hours..I'll say just "many". The dealer told me when I first started inquiring about the boat that the compression test readings were above 105 psi pretty much equally in every piston. I will do another compression test before make any final decision and a water trial of course. I was told that those looper engines back then woked at lower compression than other motors but I can't find any Manufacturer spec about that. 

The boat has a T-Top and I swear is beautiful boat in a great shape..I'm just scared about the motors. Price is great and I believe I can get to lower it a bit more..up here Center Console are not very popular so the boat has been on the market for a while..I guess some other buyers face the same fears I do about the motors. Will hurt badly if they blow up next month since re-powering that boat will cost me dearly. Is just to bad because I love the boat.

Sounds nice. You could consider repower but man it's expensive. Those twins make it hard to put a kicker on there and you could try to troll with one of the 225, but 2 strokes of that age are fussy with that. I know my 2001 yamaha 225 on mine can troll but it's costly in fuel and maintenance and a bit fast for trolling at the slowest it will run on my 24 foot center console. Does the dealer sell outboards? Maybe you could work a trade deal for a pair of the new digital throttle 4 strokes and rigging if he really wants it gone that bad. Those digitally controlled engines can get down slow and keep your batteries charged up vs. having a kicker. Better amps output. Also if you want autopilot the thrust from one of those engines will help your boat respond better at troll. I love mine, but ya gotta remember, these boats are open to mother nature. Wind, sun, rain, temperature, ...gotta like it! However this style of fishing platform is versitile and easy to handle alone. Loading.. unloading, anchoring all easy with full access 360 degrees.post-140268-14364818037874_thumb.jpg

You got a point about the trolling motor Skipper..if it can not be installed I better forget about the boat..trolling with those old two strokes is not a good Idea. Is just two bad because is a solid boat.

In my price range at the moment this is what I Found close to my area:

2002 Fish Hawk 220 BF CC by Bombardier with a 150 HP Evinrude Ficht,Ram Injection with 220 Hours..I think it was a florida boat before. In a good shape,no T-Top

1998 Aqua Sport 20' CC by Wellcraft with a 115 HP Honda four stroke not sure how many hours in a nice shape, no T-TOP

2001 Sea Fox 23' W/A with a 200 HP Johnson two Strokes..in a decent shape but I heard a lot of complaints about this boat.