Minn Kota motors SUCK!

This is no joke. Over the last 3 years, Ive had 3 different Minn Kota motors stop working. The newest today. When I took it apart to look at it, inside the motor housing was water, rust, gunk, etc. Mind you this motor was only 4 years old and kept inside when not in use. I had the same problem earlier this year with another. They do not know how to seal their motors and keep the water out of the motor housing. It gets wet and the brushes rust, etc. These things are Sh**. I would recommend anyone thinking of buying a electric motor to go with motorguide. (I have owned minn kota motors for 30+ years and I notice a huge drop in quality in their transom mount motors.

I have owned both Minn Kota and Motorguide. Minn Kota is the way to go IMHO. My buddies and I all run the bow mount Maxxum, which is virtualy indestructible. I dont know how many steering cables I have snapped on a Motorguide. I do know that the Minn Kota auto pilots arent 100% dependable and usually the ones with the most problems. You cant go wrong with a Maxxum though if you need a bow mount TM.

http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com/

The above link is the man to go to for parts and questions on TM's.