So I spent the day on the bar and went 18 for 22. Fun to say the least but no matures coming to the net. After the East wind I didn't expect that much so I was happy when I brought in 18 steelies and cohos. So the entire time I'm out I must have counted 100 fish jump with several of them almost hitting the boat. I personally thought they were steelies but I see in another post Gill T say they were Browns feeding? I've been looking for them all summer and now they're messing with me? So my question is are these Browns fishable? When they're on the surface what can you put out to entice them? Do you skip a fly on the surface? I had some presentations up high around 20' in hopes of getting something coming up. Apparently I wasn't high enough. Were these really Browns because they all looked like the 9 pound steelies I was getting all night. Thoughts??

Some were steelhead some were browns.  We went swimming after pulling lines and the surface water was 74 degrees but 5' under it was freezing.  I could have run my spring time leadcore program and killed the trout.  Its a temp thing.

Straight out from Fort Niagara is the beginning of the bar and it continues out 3.8 miles to the red buoy where it drops off quickly from 45' to beyond 180'.  I have been taking most of my fish this summer on that drop off fishing 45 feet down over 65 to 110 feet of water.  Mostly small Kings, Cohos and Steelies with 10 or so mature Kings the past couple of weeks, but the Browns have evaded me all summer.  To be honest I got into trolling this year because of Browns and I have caught everything but them.  I'm trying not to get too worried that I'm doing something wrong because everyone I talk to say they went somewhere else this year until now where they seem to be showing up at the mouths of rivers and creeks for the fall run.