I haven't seen anyone posting about Sodus. Is anyone fishing out there? I was thinking of trailering the boat up there maybe Sunday afternoon. It sounds like the I-Bay bite is turning on, hopefully this is working it's way east.

That would be great. I started fishing up there last year. I only picked up one king last year, but I did pretty good on the browns in about 30-40 FOW in front of the trailer park to the west of the channel. Alpeena diamonds were smokin hot out there about 10 foot off the bottom. It seemed last year every Sat. had hard North winds so it was pretty bumpy. I picked up a probe unit, so hopefully I will find those Kings! (As soon as I learn how to use it!)

I won't be up this weekend as the boat is having some motor repair being done... new stator... $500... ouch. But I'm up throughout the summer on weekends. From what I've heard, the browns have been non-existant this year, but steelies have been pretty plentiful. The kings haven't shown up yet, with a few exceptions. If you're headed out soon, I would keep a surface programs going with red/orange spoons for steelies. But always keep at least one rod deeper for some kings :)

Nick

I got out with my dad on Sunday and Monday this past weekend - fished off of Port Bay Sunday and ended up with one small steelhead and marked virtually nothing all morning. Headed off of Sodus Monday and scored a couple small browns in close 8 fow between Maxwell creek and the first point west of there. We then headed out deeper with the pack and marked some good suspeded hooks 40-60 ft down over 130 - 220 fow with bait hugging the bottom. Couldn't turn anything on other than real nice 9 lb stealhead that took a R&R watermelon 200' back with 3 split shots 8' infront of the lure.

definately keep a steelhead spoon or two working the top waters! It may be the only thing that fires! Hopefully things will pick up soon - last year was much better earlier on, but I am sure it will pick up. Last year off of Port Bay we had many double digit mornings on the Big O, even when I was running solo! 8)

Good luck if you get out - T-storms in the forecast.