Sodus Point Launch

bridget

Just an FYI.  We checked it out yesterday early AM and everything is locked up at the Coast Guard station as far as docks and there are no docks on the ramp itself. We opted for the public launch and that is a real mess because there is a foot deep hole in the pavement surface right in the middle of the launch and there is also a large submerged rock near the dock which is impossible to see in dim early morning light and I nearly wiped out my SS prop on it  backing out. In addition despite power loading being forbidden there is a pile of rocks in the northern/center section of the area out from the ramp strongly suggest it is being done and when low water conditions prevail it will be impossible for larger boats to avoid it coming in or going out.

Edited by Sk8man

Just an FYI.  We checked it out yesterday early AM and everything is locked up at the Coast Guard station as far as docks and there are no docks on the ramp itself. We opted for the public launch and that is a real mess because there is a foot deep hole in the pavement surface right in the middle of the launch and there is also a large submerged rock near the dock which is impossible to see in dim early morning light and I nearly wiped out my SS prop on it  backing out. In addition despite power loading being forbidden there is a pile of rocks in the northern/center section of the area out from the ramp strongly suggest it is being done and when low water conditions prevail it will be impossible for larger boats to avoid it coming in or going out.

Hook into any fish?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news :)  but we trolled from half way to Chimney east to just west of Hughes west and from 40 ft  of water out to 430 ft from 7 Am until 4:30 PM with 6 rods out and never had a hit. The only fish we marked were out from the channel in 130-160 ft of water directly on bottom that were most likely lakers and even they weren't "active". Very little bait marked the entire time and what was marked was small patches  in the 40-100 range over whatever. We didn't mark a single fish from 200 -430 ft. Very few boats out there (especially after 11 AM)

Edited by Sk8man