Was able to get out for a few hours today, did not start until 945, and we were done at 130. I invited Ron J to join us for an easy few hours of fishing. We decided to head a little deeper and do some searching. We found fish in the 70-90 area, with bait mixed in. We ran a spread from the top to the bottom, with nothing for the first hour or so. I took out my go to lure from last year, the Savant Jake Froggy, put it down 51', it took the first fish of the trip, a sweet 26" Atlantic, that put on an awesome show. After the pic, it was back in and we setup again, we took another rip on the Jake again, missed it, but the fish put a heck of a show on, as it was jumping going away from the boat, assuming it was another Atlantic. Pulled the other rigger and loaded it up with another jake frog, and bang we get the first salmon aboard for the year, it was a little guy, but still better than most we heard on the radio. Was real slow from Oswego to Salmon River, so we were happy with 2 for 3 during mid day. Good Luck this weekend guys/girls, might be back out Sunday. I also have to say the Chamberlain release worked flawlessly today, love them Thanks Keith. I had the probe down 50' and still had readings with the Chamberlain attached.

Rich

Here is the first Atlantic to come aboard the SEADUCKTION:

100_1564.jpg

The first king for the year:

100_1565.jpg

Thanks Ron for coming out so we could run 2 extra rods, lol.