Cross Lake/ Seneca River

Has anyone had any luck on Cross Lake or the Seneca River lately? -Any type of fish.

Tried it yesterday......some small bass.......NO PIKE.

Its only my second trip....but I dont understand why I'm not catching

any right now. The Fall fishin was pretty bad.......which was a big suprise...

I'm not sure what the hecks going on down there........numbers and size have been down.Seems kinda weird to me.

I bought a camp on the river near Cross Lake partly because it was supposed to be a great spot for large pike, one of my favorites. In about 5 years I've caught one "legal" pike- about 23 inches,plus a few babies. I've done pretty well with both largemouth and smallmouth in both the lake and river, but those pike Cross Lake was supposed to be famous for are a mystery. I've fished mainly in shallower water as I used to do in the bays of Lake Ontario, where I used to get 5 or 6 in a few hours. Maybe I have to change my tactics for Cross and fish a lot deeper.

I have a camp on Cross Lake but have not got out as of yet this year(;( ). I know the camp had a 6hr pike fishing derby on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend with about 10 people & 2-30â€

I have a camp on Cross Lake but have not got out as of yet this year(;( ). I know the camp had a 6hr pike fishing derby on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend with about 10 people & 2-30â€

I was on Cross for the pike opener. While I cant say it was great-very windy, I can say that I managed a 30''+ pike :D - but it was my only one :( . also had about 6 LM bass in 2 hours time at the very south end (I had to take a break from the slow pike action) and one random catfish in the river.

Pq27km_i.jpg

I've heard the same thing about the numbers in Sodus and other places as well going down. I can't remember exactly what I heard that was causing it. was either that spawning habitat was being compromised or gobies or water clarity changes affecting their foodsource. I also heard that in this particular situation that many are in the river, or at least the tigers head there after release. the fish certainly have more options than they do on say conesus.

sorry I cant be more definitive...