Outdoor Edge Razor lite

Dylan585

Had to buy a ne hunting knife today and as a knife guy i wanted to try something new so i went with the razor lite... Its main selling point is wicked sharp changable blades... And let me tell you, they are stupid sharp! I questioned the sharpness because I usually have to sharpen any knife I get but these blades are stupid sharp! The actual changing of the blade is very easy... You just push a button and the blade pulls out and putting a new one in is as simple as sliding in the guide. It comes with 5 extra blades the are stored in the sheath (It is a folding knife). My biggest worry was that the blade was going to have play but it has basically none even with the typical locking mechanism. They make models that have a standard drop point blade only and others that include a gutting blade along with the drop point... SO far I am very impressed... Hopefully Saturday I can test it on a deer and get back with a better review but for $50 I cant imagine doing much better than this without having to do some blade sharpening

Thanks Dylan for your time on a report of this knife. Never looked at one or known one to be used. Strangely, I somehow like whittling away on a stone or steel, sense of accomplishment in my efforts I guess, but some knives are just frustrating. I'm also compulsive, sharp, yes, but not sharp enough. Scrape, scrape, scrape....how bout now?..nope...hour later..

Change blades would work for me. I hate dulling my knife after working on it like that...hope it continues to impress your report!