Changing baits

We had this discussion this week end so i just want to hear your thoughts.

How often do you change your lures or do you stick with what you start with? My theary is to stick with my favorite lures and maybe change one or two poles during the run.

Your thoughts....................

Howie

I was just asking myself this the other day. I am going to start changing moreoften. I have had alot of fish come from 20' up or down to do nothing more then just look. so if i start seeing that i will be changing if they are not hitting. I do like to try to change my speed alot also.

Dont change em up unless you start seein the fish shyin away on your FF or you are marking a ton and not getting bit. Im with RR let it ride until the fish tell you what they want or dont want.

Change up your speed, depths, lead lengths then go ahead and play around with your spread. Have confidence in your selection until the fish tell you differently...

Jax

thats kind of what i ment I have seen alot of fish this year come right up look at it then nothing. I think after that hapeens 2 or 3 times it is safe to say they are not in to what I have on and it might be time to change colors

thats kind of what i ment I have seen alot of fish this year come right up look at it then nothing. I think after that hapeens 2 or 3 times it is safe to say they are not in to what I have on and it might be time to change colors

Or lead lenghts Jeff.

RR

My position was to change our presentation before we change colors. I

believe from what I read from reports that everyone runs different lures but its how they present them makes all the difference. Speeds and leader length seems to be a key. I will change a couple of poles from spoons to SD/Fly combos or change a steel rod with leadcore but I like to keep my goto baits on.

I change lures about 100x each 8 hour trip.....but usually the same 20 - 30 lures and only 3 - 4 different blanks. This is the progression that works for me: with reflecting spoons go black / purple to sliver / green with sun intensity and red to purple with depth.

Keep in mind the color spectrum of light and make changes based on that.

Glow lures are a whole different ball game because they do not obey the spectrum rules, just remember fish love red when they can see it!!!

CC