Can anyone tell me about the Shangri-La Campground & Marina in The Chaumont area. Myself and 5 others (2 boats) are heading up the weekend of the 21st and 22nd to chase some wallys. She said they have an efficency that sleeps 6 for 75 a night. Is anyone familiar with this place before I set this in stone? The fishing should be decent right?

Thanks Fellas

There is a launch right there and a free launch SW of there 1/4 mi. That free launch is harsh. Shangri-la's launch is something I've never tried but it has to be better than the free launch with a west wind. I talked to my buddy and he said their effiencies are very clean, but remember he works for them. Sounds like a unbeatable price and he talked of them highly. The fishing is up to you. This isnt oneida...pros get skunked...look at the last MWC standings for Henderson...pros and locals alike caught empty buckets during that tournament and other locals set records for the entire history of the MWC. Just run your boards with various deep diver and shallows with various snap wts and colors until a pattern emerges for the day troll. come armed with a harness program. Dont be lax on the dusk dawn bite...it will make or break a day.

The MWC record were set just out side the isthmus on the main lake side. I did very well there this time of year last year, with fish averaging 8-12lbs. This time of year I usually run deep Huskys and jr thunder sticks down 15-20 over 20-30. if that doesn't work move out and switch to reef runners. I like the gray ghost and the bare naked lady. As far as the huskys go the sun fire was hot last year...... let me know how you do, as my boat is going to be out of the shop next week and that general area will be where I will fish through august