Trailing spoon for salmon

I know using a trailing spoon in your spread is something people do.

Just curious when trailing the spoon behind ur f/f spread do you have it above them or below them?

Thanks.

I love to stack so one of my riggers has a flasher fly or a Twinkie rig , the other rigger is stacked with two spoons . Bottom rod is 5ft. Below and 10-15 ft. Behind , top rod is just above and 5-10 ft. Behind F/F . Throw in two dipsie running around the same depth but way behind, one with a spinny and fly and one with a spoon. This is my go to spread in the spring summer and fall . I run flutter spoons with the meat rig and Nk 28's with the flasher fly rig . ( different speeds )

If you have 4 riggers you can try running the FF a little higher and on a shorter lead and then a trailing spoon behind and below on each side.  The thought being that the FF draws in the fish and if they don't bite and drift down and away they run into the trailing spoon.  If three riggers you could try the FF in the center and a spoon or 2 on the outside riggers.

If you have 4 riggers you can try running the FF a little higher and on a shorter lead and then a trailing spoon behind and below on each side. The thought being that the FF draws in the fish and if they don't bite and drift down and away they run into the trailing spoon. If three riggers you could try the FF in the center and a spoon or 2 on the outside riggers.

I do have 4 riggers. Thank you for the info. Was wondering if lower than the FF was the ticket if the fish get drawn in by the FF ur spread.

Thanks again.