Merc I.O Engine 351 233hp

I have a Mercruiser I.O. 351ci 233hp V8 Ford engine for sale.It's a complete engine with all the parts on it.

Everything such as the exhaust manifolds,intake manifolds,starter,alternator,carburetor,etc.,are in good shape.

The carb is a Edelbrock marine 4bbl,and is a 1999 model.

The heads were also done over in 1999.

The engine has a Merc.coupler on it.

This engine was in a boat that i bought a couple months ago,that i'm restoring.It has not been used since 2001.Since that time,the boat sat covered,with a tarp in a field.

I know that it was used last in the 01 Pro-Am,and it ran fine then.

I hooked up a battery to it,and it turned over easily without any strange noises.

Now the thing i don't know,is,if it was winterized.I can't see any visible cracks in the block,or heads,but there may or may not be.I was thinking of either getting it running and if i couldnt,i would rebuild it, as all the parts seem good.

I decided to go with a brand new engine and drive for my project,as i'm basically making the boat new,as it's a total restoration.

This engine may be perfectly fine,or may need serious work.It will,at the least, probably need a carb rebuild,along with some electronic stuff cap,points,plugs etc. Also,one freeze plug is rusted out,(not blown out).

If anyones interested in it for the engine or parts,i'd let it go fairly cheap,make an offer.It's in Massachusetts,so it would have to be picked up.If you need more info or pictures,send me a PM or email.

Thanks all John R.

Jerry,the original owner was a friend of mine,and the boat was named OL' Jammer.The last guy was from Pa.,and he named the boat Snakebit.

It's a 23' Seacraft,it was always used in Olcott,and I will also be keeping it there,as thats where my present boat is kept.Original owners name was Pete Lecerf