Equipment Review section?

Is there a section that is for equipment reviews? I think it would be great to have a section with honest product reviews. It just seems like there are daily questions about different products. I only asked because I have a question about a new style cooler I saw but will see about posting if eventually when I do a little more research.

Edited by Chas0218

Is there a section that is for equipment reviews? I think it would be great to have a section with honest product reviews. It just seems like there are daily questions about different products. I only asked because I have a question about a new style cooler I saw but will see about posting if eventually when I do a little more research.

With the fishing the way it's been Chase, do you really need a new cooler?? maybe to keep the beer cold once your off the water LOL, yea I'm in need of one also but I'm not paying a couple hundred $$$ for a cooler, I don't care what the name of it is.

Have a Yeti 65, 75, and 125. tough as heck... love them things. Hold ice for a 3-day weekend the whole time while sitting in the sun all day and actively using it all weekend. We use them all mostly for drinks/food.

Yeti 65 (blue) fits perfectly on the smaller boat on the bow strapped down to the deck.

Yeti 75 (tan) is at camp and is used for beer and sometimes bagged fish for friends/family that are visiting to take home.

Yeti 125 (white) is on our larger boat which holds all our drinks/food and lots of bags of ice to put on the fish in the fish box when needed.

A warm beverage is not acceptable on my boat.

Edited by FleetTracker

I'm also looking for a new cool, my friend has a Siberian and loves it, much cheaper then yeti and seems to have better ice holding reviews

I saw those and the Rtic coolers. they are literally have the price and seem to be just as good if not a little better. The Rtic coolers have a little nicer handles than the yeti for opening the vacuumed on lid. I'll look into the siberian coolers as well thanks for the heads up. If you find any others I would greatly appreciate any other equivalent brands.

With the fishing the way it's been Chase, do you really need a new cooler?? maybe to keep the beer cold once your off the water LOL, yea I'm in need of one also but I'm not paying a couple hundred $$$ for a cooler, I don't care what the name of it is.

You ain't kidding, I would like a cooler that I can throw in the trailer or back of the truck baking in the sun and still have a little ice 3 hours later. Right now my 48qt. igloo marine igloos aren't cutting it and what I have spent on coolers in the past couple years it adds up to about the same as one of those nice 64qt. guys. I like the idea of having everything stay cold for a couple days vs over night. They double as a nice beverage cooler at gatherings too.

Have a Yeti 65, 75, and 125. tough as heck... love them things. Hold ice for a 3-day weekend the whole time while sitting in the sun all day and actively using it all weekend. We use them all mostly for drinks/food.

Yeti 65 (blue) fits perfectly on the smaller boat on the bow strapped down to the deck.

Yeti 75 (tan) is at camp and is used for beer and sometimes bagged fish for friends/family that are visiting to take home.

Yeti 125 (white) is on our larger boat which holds all our drinks/food and lots of bags of ice to put on the fish in the fish box when needed.

A warm beverage is not acceptable on my boat.

I was looking at the 65qt. cooler but trying to find a place to put it on the boat is about impossible. I want it out of the way so I'm not tripping over it all the time.

Just a quick update, I haven't seen any manufacturer that can come close to the price of the Rtic coolers. Siberian, Grizzly and engel are some other names but are all a bit more money for an equivalent Rtic cooler. Rtic also has a 7 year warranty where Yeti is 5. Some of the other manufacturers carry a lifetime warranty which speaks volumes for the durability of the coolers. Personally if I have a cooler that lasted 7 years and paid $200 for it that means I paid $28/year for that cooler and I spend way more than that in ice per a year filling it every 2 days or every 3. Also I doubt someone would want to do this but if you bought one of those smaller versions you could convert it into a livewell for bait but drilling a hole into a $120+ cooler might make some of use cringe a little.

Have had my Yeti 75 since 2008... 65 for 2.5 years, and got the 125 this year. Short of dragging it behind your truck for 5 hours, throwing it off a cliff, then putting it in the campfire, I don't see how you can hurt the things.  The warranty thing is probably pretty moot.  

Don't you have a walk around Proline?  The 65 (or others) don't fit at the bow walkaround area?  Yeti has extremely accurate dimensions on their website for each model.

If you don't need the cooler in the next 2 weeks, here is the link where I bought my last 2 Yeti's.  You'll rarely find a Yeti cheaper than MSRP anywhere... this site saves you some $ and is legit.  It just takes about 2 weeks to get the cooler.  No Tax. Free Shipping!

https://www.discountbandit.com/yeti-tundra-65-cooler-white.html

Have had my Yeti 75 since 2008... 65 for 2.5 years, and got the 125 this year. Short of dragging it behind your truck for 5 hours, throwing it off a cliff, then putting it in the campfire, I don't see how you can hurt the things.  The warranty thing is probably pretty moot.  

Don't you have a walk around Proline?  The 65 (or others) don't fit at the bow walkaround area?  Yeti has extremely accurate dimensions on their website for each model.

If you don't need the cooler in the next 2 weeks, here is the link where I bought my last 2 Yeti's.  You'll rarely find a Yeti cheaper than MSRP anywhere... this site saves you some $ and is legit.  It just takes about 2 weeks to get the cooler.  No Tax. Free Shipping!

https://www.discountbandit.com/yeti-tundra-65-cooler-white.html

Yeah that was my next option putting up in front of the walk around, i was thinking underneath in the cuddy but that is used for a bed pretty often for those slackers that sleep when the fishing is slow.