Out of the little Salmon 6/11

We left the dock at 5.00 and headed for 9 mile plant on a quiet lake. We set up in 55 foot of water with surface temperature of 61 and temperature at 45 feet was 62. Trolling west bound we had a good screen, but the winds picked and big thunder clouds arrived on the horizon. We decided to not go any deeper and started trolling east ward. Soon afterward we got a big hit that ripped our spoon off and while this was happening we got our first dink of the day on another line

10 minutes later the first lightning was sighted and we packed up and returned to our slip in the river. By nine o'clock we went back out on the lake and fished the 50 to 90 foot deep area between Catfish and the plant. There was a good screen with plenty of bait,but no hooks. After catching some dinks (browns and salmon) we turned east again and slipped into the bay. There we encountered 60 degree water without any color to speak of and an empty screen.

There were very few boats out today.

Edited by rolmops

Late report, I fished Friday from 5 am to 1 pm, three skippies, had to go past 120 ft. to get temp. on bottom below 59 degrees, had to go past 300 fow to get below 53 degree with probe 130 ft. down, scattered hooks, I hope we get some east wind before my next trip   

I fished on Friday with no luck, we stayed east of the plant and fished mostly around Catfish, marked some good bait and hooks in 75 ft of water, but no takers. We went back to the same area on Saturday and caught a few nice browns, one was 10 lbs and a bunch of small kings. Overall, pretty tough couple days of fishing.