Fished Sodus Thursday and Friday.

Started Thursday fishing Browns, 50-80 fow. Temp was good, low 50s from 55 and deeper. There was bait and fish around, active marks... And we went 0 for 4 on mostly small spoons. At about 10 we picked up and motored out, fished from 250 out to 640, with one shot on the dipsey out 250 on flasher fly in 250 fow. 'Twas a barren waste land out there. We ended at 1 pm with my first skunk in several years...

On Friday we went back to the brown water that looked so good Thursday to give it another go... But it was super warm water so we worked out. We fished 110-220 the rest of the day. Caught a steelie on a 60 rigger and took another shot on 310 dipsey with a mag moonshine. That was it. Lots of bait in close but few fish.

I am stumped. Felt snake bit both days. Guess it's a good thing I can't fish the tourney!!!

Apparently I don't know how to catch fish anymore? It's been a baaaaaad stretch for me out of Sodus so far this July!

Well...decided to fish east off the bluffs. I figured since yesterday everyone went west for the pro am...i could go east and get out of the way and try to out a few fish in the box. Is there a reason EVERYONE fished east today?? Holy cow a lot of boats. Anyway...we started dropped lines at 7:15 in 110 fow. Managed 2 small kings a skip, dropped 3 others...nothing major...then tried browns and got 1 for 2 in the last 45 minutes. Pulled lines around 12:30. I am real curious to see if i missed the bite or something. There seemed to be a lot of boats, figured there should be a reason...but i didnt have the luck.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I had a pick from 400 copper, 270 to 300 dipsies on 1 setting, and 100, 110 and 120 riggers. Nothing of a pattern...wish i could say i had a hot setup. All but 1 hit was inside 130 fow and the was the skip down 120 over 200 on a flasher. The browns were in 110 that we hit.

Edited by ryonybony

The only thing i noticed was that 4 hits came 730 to 9...then we blanked until browns. I did the same Wednesday...hits until 9...then lost em. Tried deep to bottom wednesday staying inside 150 with nothing...saturday tried moving out to 220 and running deeper...and nothing but a skip.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by ryonybony