Started out at 150fow trolled out to 300, nothing. Trolled back in to 190fow and had a small Steelie on a green and white NK. Quiet for a while, then hit 3 quick ones including a Steelie just under 12# all on a white and green #2 J&L and all between 175fow and 160fow. Had something come through and pop both releases (running 6ft apart, but cranked down pretty tight), then just as I got those back down in the water I hooked a King which I figure to have been in the high teen to 20 range, but which spit the hook next to the boat after having tired me out over about 25 minutes. :$ Finished out with one last small Steelie. Finished out 5 for 8 in about 4.5 hours of trolling about.

Was running a little faster today, in the 3.2 to 3.5 MPH range, all fish were between 50 to 70 down. I'm off the water until the 12th.

I always use 17lb trilene xl green until the fleas got on it..but still use it for leader material, I like the stretch factor for the dipseys there for not useing a snubber. It always has performed well even at the end of a wire rig.