15pt I use duolock snaps without the swivel for the end that goes to the line to the rod and then a good ball bearing swivel to the lure. Cheater lines range from 5 to 8 ft (generally in the 6ft range). As far as distance behind the ball, it will depend on how far down you are running your riggers the deeper the depth generally the shorter the lead, as short as 5ft. Check this link http://www.lakeontariounited.com/fishin ... php?t=6267 as that :?: was asked in another post. The fixed cheaters attach right to your main line with either a rubber band or you can buy a Roemer release that attaches to the line. This allows you to "fix" a cheater at a certain depth you want your cheater to be at. This is usually done when you "MUP rig" a lure (which means Mag - UP meaning a mag size spoon is "fixed" to a cheater about 5ft above your smaller spoon off the ball). A slider is put on when you drop a rigger down and you attach your snap to the main line and toss it out, it will then slide down to a depth that is about half way down the line to where the line naturally "bows" out from water resistance. If you put the slider on after the rigger is set then it will slide down to the "top" of the bow and if you put it out as you are lowering the rigger it will slide up to the "bottom" of the bow.

Next time post these types of questions under the "questions about trout and salmon or tackle and techniques" you'll get more responses.

Hope this helps and I am sure others will chime in on this and correct any errors I made in explaining this to you as I am no expert :shock: :x :roll:

We run 30# Ande line and have minimal problem with fleas and it holds up well as far as UV, abrasion and the inherent breakage that can cause. We add 8-10 feet of Seagur flouro leader (line) usually 15 or 17# test.

Bruce

I run the same as bbolger. The 30 lb. Ande is also really cheap. You can get a spool big enough to do 8 - 10 Diawa 47lcs for around $30.00 through Cabela's. I also run the Seagar in 15 or 20 lb. leaders.