Looking for boat ideas

craveman85

I'm looking to get another boat to use in the finger lakes and occasionally lake Ontario. What I'm looking for is something maybe 20-24', aluminum, deep v, preferably outboard, very open. Like a big center console or maybe a closed bow. Preferably light weight or as light as possible. I don't like cabin boats, don't need live wells, extra storage.. I'm not posting like a want ad but looking on ideas of models to look for. Preferably older I plan on getting something and re doing the floor and transom. Pictures would be great if anyone has something they think I'd like. I'm really into old curvy aluminum and I have a very good 115 merc that needs a home :)

I have a 23 proline with outboard for sale. Willing to work on price. Floor is solid. Boats an 83. Clean for the year. Walk around console with small cuddy. Deep boat. Runs awesome. Trailers in good shape. Brakes do not work though. Call me if interested. 607-426-5919

Nick

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I do like the holiday but wish the floor was lower in it. I like the sides higher. I'm about 6'5" and clumsy. Looks like the perfect size to trip over. What's that package weigh with the trailer? I'm also getting another truck soon but I like rangers and Tacomas so a little limited on towing.

I definitely prefer the small closed bow over an open bow too. I don't really have any need for room in front of the dash and want more room behind it. What I'd really really like is like a 20+' deep v version of my 61 alumacraft queen merrie. It's 18' but kind of a semi v hull. Probably wouldn't handle big water well.

KIMG0070.jpg

NCM_0328.jpg

That Johnson was on the first year I had it out. The green motor is a 59 mercury mark 78a. 70hp dockbuster. Currently down for an exhaust plate/gasket/drilling out some bolts. I'd really like to put a bearcat 55 on there. That's my dream motor for that boat.

I think the ranger I'm looking at and 6 cylinder Tacoma can both do 5500lbs. If I can find an outboard model it should weigh a lot less. My current ranger is rated for like 1700. My alumacraft runs about 1600 trailer and gear included. Definitely getting a 6 cylinder truck. This 4 cylinder doesn't want to haul a ton of pellets in the bed anymore