New to Cayuga Lake

mcvic

I found this ap and was thrilled to read and see pics of trout and salmon from the folks fishing deep.

I am a full time wheelchair user and I live on Cayuga lake by Hibiscus Harbor for most of the year. I have a pontoon boat set up for me to use and I am trying to learn the best ways to fish deep. I have tried vertical jigging with 1 oz white jig heads and 4 inch scented Berkley Power Bait. I have a very basic Garmin fish finder it does show fish, structure and depth but no luck catching or even getting a bite.

I just got a Dipsy and have not used it yet, looking for rigging suggestions. Thanks for any advice. McVic

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

Hey welcome.  Also call Cayuga home.  Can help with the lake trout jigging for sure, if you ever have questions post away in the FL section or PM me.  Most of the best laker action now will be in the southern sections of the lake but up near Aurora is great in the spring and summer.  There are still fish in the area to be sure but they're starting to focus on spawning grounds, so rocky bottoms are your best bet this time of year.

Alec