Removing my Minn Kota Maxxum Bow Mount.

krash3470

Ok, so i'm hoping someone has experienced this problem before and has some insight as the next best thing to do.

I am trying to remove my bow mounted trolling motor. There are 4 bolts that hold it on the bow. All but one will come out and actually don't even grab anything.

The one thats causing the issue seems to have something threaded on from the underside and with everything I have tried it just won't bite so I can unscrew it.

The boat is an aluminum Sylvan adventurer the bow is enclosed in plywood and I don't see any good way to access the area under the trolling motor. In fact the one "face plate" type board that I was thinking of trying to remove is holding several gauges for fuel, battery, etc...

There is an area in the floor I will try to explore tonight to see if I can get all the way up to the front of the bow but I don't think it will help. I would try to remove some pieces but I can't even see any fasteners as the whole boat is carpeted.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Krash.

I had a sylvan, and in the front of the boat in the middle there was a carpeted board under the gunnel. You might have to look in the carpet for the screws to remove the panel. Remove that panel and you should be able to get to it.