Cisco's in Action!

LOL...OK going from left to right the players names are copper, high wire, low wire, and rigger.

I like to keep all my wires and rigger rods low so when fighting a fish they are totally out of the way. Keeping the rigger rods close to the water like that also keeps the line closer to the boat so no fish can swim through them when its time to net. When a rigger rod is standing up there is more bow in the line.

What sort of differnce do you maintain in setting between high and low wire to keep them away from one another.. Do you run one at something like 1.5 and the other at 3? Can you run one at 2 and one at 3 and keep them out of one another?

T_barb - I run my double wires a little different than other people. I buy the Dreamweaver medium sized Dipsey Diver rings. I take my low wire (the one closest to the rear of the boat) and set it on a .5. You cant take this wire with the big ring and set it any further past a 1 becasue that ring will really pull it to the side (and get it into the high wire). I take my high diver with a regular ring and set it on a 2 or a 2.5 setting. I keep at least 25' difference between the two and try to keep it more like 50'. SO, if I am running 4 wires I might put the starboard low out 250 and the starboard high out 300. The port low would be 275 and the port high would be 325. Staggering 4 wires like that really tells you the sweet spot, so you can dial in the other side.

I can run this set-up in rough stuff and i have NEVER had them tangle and my ol' man makes some pretty scary turns!

Tbarb,

I run mine on a 1 and a 3. I usually put them out 50' of distance from each other or the same. I put the shallow rod flat and the inside rod up on an angle. I usually let the shallow rod out first then the deep rod. Come August, this set up is killer.

You can let all 4 out at the same time. Let the high wires go out on the clicker and he low wires out on a light drag. We've perfected this with the Pro-Ams trying to get rods in the water as fast as possible.