digitrol 10A help

Here is the basic drop and retrieve of the Digi-trol II that we run.

First thing you have to do it bring your rigger ball all the way up to the boom and turn the power off then on. You should see a -02 reading and thins will then place you at the water when you drop the ball to that position.

Then to set your depth - press repeatedly or press and hold the units and tens (1 and 10) buttons until you get the depth you want to fish. Then immediately hit the M1 or M2 button. This will store the selected depth at that M1 or M2 location. When you are rigged and ready to fish drop the rigger by simply pressing either M1 or M2 (where you stored the depth)and press the "RUN" button. The rigger will descend to that depth. If any malfunction occurs any button will stop the descent.

To retrieve the ball to the top of the water press Auto Up.

The oscillation feature is similar for depth and time except that after you set the depth osciaaltion and time between changes the rigger will move up after the selected time automatically - no extra run button to press or anything.

I also have a hard copy of the digi-trol II instruction booklet I can send in word format if you like.

Guys

When I power up one of the digitrols it moves up/retrieves on its own.

When I say it moves up it moves all the way up and stalls.

If you try to manually send it down as soon as you let off the down button its moves up all the way and stalls.

Does that indicate it is broken?

The display works.

Can you tell if it is a Digitrol 1, 2 or 3?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

BIGRED

gx2uuyuA.jpg

Big Red,

Mine says didgi-trol II right on the keypad I believe. Haven't really looked at it in a while. You know it's like trying to give directions by street name?? You know how to get there because you've been there 1,000 times but try to tell someone the street names and it's difficult.

Realized the manual is on the boat and I will pick it up tonight.

Sounds like your keypad is bad and if it's an older digi-trol that can't be replaced by Cannon - no longer available. Only two other possibilities is that a local repair shop might have one or repair it for you or find one for parts. They can convert it to a Mag 10 I believe for a substantial price.

Try calling Cannon customer support in Idaho @

208-846-9000

Duane has been very helpful to me in the past (if he's still there).

Clarke

BigRed,

Yup, you need to send it in. I've had 3 older digitrols changed over. 2 to mag 10's and 1 to a mag 20. Screwy Louis can change it over to a mag 10 but to get to a mag 20 Cannon (Minkota now) (Johnson Outdoors) must do the work. When I had it changed to a Mag 20 in 2005 it was $250. The change to mag 10 was somewhere around $150-$175.

Good Luck.

John