Marina and dockage

I've been on point peninsula since 1970. I'm thinking about going out west to take advantage of the earlier salmon fishing. I'm tired of waiting until the end of July and also the long run out of the marina and rough seas due to prevailing winds. Anyone having any suggestions to a marina or dockage would be greatly appreciated. My camp is on chaumont bay but I live in Cortland. Thanks

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have to agree about the winds I’m out of the Black River Bay Camp Ground, and the run out to there is sometimes enough to jar your liver loose. Most of the time the wind is coming right up the chute, S/W.—S/E which is good for fishing, but I need to run out to troll with the wind or what I call trolling down hill. Sorry I’m no help to your question, but I know how you feel. I’m not that big of a king fisherman but the N/E is not the place to be if that’s your passion!!!

After Lake Erie has an ice off, the flume of warm water entering Lake Ontario turns on the salmon and trout. Wilson Harbor is twelve miles from the Niagara Bar where the warmer water enters the lake. The flume usually travels along the shoreline with generally prevailing SW winds. Olcott Harbor is six miles East of Wilson and benefits from the early warmer water. Both harbors have good marinas, good fishermen and plenty information on the necessary local knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United