Gloucester trip.

Yes Haddock fishing is here big time.
We went out on May fifth for a glorious day on the water. After having traveled from Upstate NY and having lodged in Hubbardston MA we arrived in Gloucester and immediately went over to George's for breakfast. This is THE place in Gloucester for people who like huge pancakes and other great foods. Then it was on to the dock to meet Captain Kevin of Kayman Charters and the other members of our team. Soon we were on our way to the grounds.
On our way there, we saw a few dozen whales spouting and breaching.The whales stayed close to us all day. Although minimum size for haddock is 17 inch, we decided on 19 inch for starters. That was a mistake. We should have made it 21 inch and we would still have boxed out. From the moment we started fishing we were hauling up doubles until our arms were lame. While fishing , we were visited by dolphins around and under the boat. By the end of the day we bumped up the minimum keeper size to 21+ and the last keepers were all over 22 inches. We all boxed out . On our way back we were a happy exhausted group of fishermen, but there was another surprise. We saw a right whale! Back in port we walked away with around 20 pounds of haddock fillets each, a tired feeling in our bodies and a sense of great satisfaction.

I was too busy fishing and I did not take any pictures , but DRLFC did shoot some pics. Doc, if you read this, can you please put up some pics from the trip?

We'll be back next year!

Edited by rolmops
  • Like 1

Nice going Cornelis ....I'm jealous that is some great eating right there:yes: When we were there I had a fresh haddock sandwich that was out of this world at the Studio restaurant.

Edited by Sk8man