Mick's Oak Report

First off sorry that I'm a day late guys. Went out on that nice thursday morning and tried the J's and Lymans in close with no takers. Trolled out from 50- 150 ft and had 1 rip on a 7 color core with gold orange crush. We trolled out to about 300ft and got 2 steelies a 9lb'r, and a 3lb'r. Both fish hit purple/glow w/gold back Nk's 50-60 down. My friend was out and it was his first time on Lake O , and he caught the biggest fish(so far) of his life. The surface temp was a bit higher the deeper we got.. We trolled it back in and drifted for bass in 30 fow right in front of the breakwall. We then went to fiddler's elbow and tried for some more bass. My 1 fish of the day was a 4 inch Largemouth. We saw only 1 salmon break water down there, but that was 4 pm. On my way back to the dock we did see more salmon splashing in front of the North.

Today (Friday) there were many more kings in the river this A.M. After about 10 today it was pretty rough out there, and the surface temp was down inside. The waves are supposed to calm down on Saturday, but who knows what that will do with the fish.

Rock on, and good luck fishing-Mick