Preferences on what to use Creek/Streams

Sinbad1769

What does everyone prefer using when fishing the streams. Im heading up to Sandy Creek this wknd seeings how we've gotten all this rain. should i go get some sacks? floating? i heard people use marshmellows? worms? fill me in im new to this, would like to have some luck this year. thank you guys

Well,

What are your preferred methods of fishing??? Do you want to float-fish??? Bottom bounce or fly-fish???

If your float-fishing than I suggest small salmon egg sacks if the water is clear and bigger the dirtier it gets...By small I mean 3-4 eggs and if its dirty you can use 8-10...I tie my own as I have never been happy with any bait shops eggs but I am picky and they do work...If you have browns around and they are in clear water, you can go down to 1-2 salmon eggs in a sack and they'll inhale'em...

You dont have to float-fish eggs or the flies I am going to mention...If your going to bounce the bottom use as little weight as possible about 2 feet from your hook...You want to tick bottom 2 or 3 times during a drift and I mean just tick it not get hung up...Some popular flies are estaz eggs and glo-bugs in sizes 8-12 and woolybuggers in sizes 6-10 is all you really need...Experiment with bright and drab colors to find what the fish want...