Cayuga, south end 10/5- Help!

I could not get much going in the south end on Sunday. Set up @ 6:30AM in 150' right out of Meyers in heavy bait pods and big hooks, lost a flasher and fly on the wire dipsy to a vicious strike while dealing with a 20" Laker on a rigger rod(that's what happens when you leave the drag and the trip too tight!). After that the bait kind of petered out along the east shore, should not have left Meyers in retrospect! We trolled with a blank screen for a while changing depths looking for something, finally found bait and some fish at the drop off and we crossed back and forth in front of the buoys (tremendous weeds around them), getting only dinks. We did not work up towards the Yacht Club, maybe we should have? Trolled back up to Meyers and worked the gps icons that looked so promising earlier but the fish and bait were scarce now, tried the cove and back out across the gps icons at different depths, 2 dinks. Got desperate, cruised up past AES and got a couple Lakers on the wire. We tried down speeds from 1.7-2.4. I ran 1 wire dipsy with a couple different color schemes, 140-200' out ,depending on depth. The riggers I set at 50-60 and 40-30 w/ spoons. I also ran 8 or 6 colors out to the side with stix.Suggestions?

Transition time! Its tough. What was the surface temp? Unfortunately the water dropped too low for my lift and I'm pretty much done till spring.

It might be time to put the boards back out and work the east side with top water sticks and shallow riggers down by Esty and in front of Fall creek.

RR

we fished sat and sun. did ok but not worth reporting. we fished west side and east side myers souh to 150 ledge and the west side taughanock south. found fish in front of taughanock and by girl scout camp. we ended up making several passes shallow 45 to 75 feet of water everything down 40 or less. did 10 or so nice salmon/bows and tons of dinks. it was not uncommon to get two fish on one rigger rod w/ cheaters but they were always dinks. we did all of our good fish on chrome/black spoons or stickbaits. surface temp was around 60 and that temp held down to 85 plus to get to 54/56 degrees. we need the surface temp to drop about 4 degrees to really get theplaner board action going. i'm pulling my boat in two weeks- marine wants it out by the 20th so I'll b looking for rides or fishing from my 14 alumacraft.

mower

Mower, my Alumacraft 16' is winterized and put away but the Islander will go out any day it's too warm to bowhunt or a crew of two can make it happen. My 78 year old neighbor and helmsman is going to Arizona next week so I will be hamstrung without somebody who wants to fish. I almost went over to T-Falls to search, what size and make spoons are you using?

We did south end, west side out of tremain, on Sunday and did OK. a couple average lakers, but as Mower said - we too hit a TON of dink salmon and couldn't get anything with any size to hit. If anyone has some suggestions to boat some bigger salmon, rainbow or brown, i'm all ears...

We were in 70-100ft of water, surface speed between 1.8 and 2.3, riggers down 70-50 with cheaters. braid dipseys out 100-250 ft and 7 colors of lead core. Everything took atleast one fish, but riggers seemed to be most productive. All spoons (just about every color worked, but neutral tans, brown, white took the most). tried a fly and flasher, but nothing, so we went back to spoon. didn't try any stick baits.

I took a couple of decent salmon 3-4 lbers on saturday along with some dinks and a few browns. I was stacking riggers and running dipsys. Most fish came off a Magnum size NBK just south of Taughanock point. I may have seen some of you out there. Gray Lund with red bimini and Honda OB. Fish were coming down 40-60 over 80-110 FOW. Was my first time out on Cayuga and I really enjoyed the fishery and scenery, I will be keeping my boat ready for water all year this season if any of you guys want to get out I would love to learn more about that fishery.

Did the S.end again yesterday, 12-3:00. Got a couple decent salmon off T-point on rainbow pattern Storm stix down 40 over 75-100. Cannot seem to get spoons to work? Managed to get a flasher/fly bite going by running the wire out 210 right over marks on the bottom@ 90' but they were all Lakers . What a gorgeous day on the water!