Fish Replicas.....update!

Fishtails

Hey guys, I found something pretty cool. My 9 yr old just caught a 36" Striped bass, so for Christmas I ordered him a replica of it. It should be here In a day or two and I will follow up on the quality, but they look pretty nice on the website.

They carry a 27" Coho, but no Chinook. The lady said they add new ones often, so I suggested they consider adding some Chinook....what do you guys think? She said she would make the suggestion and get back to me. What size(s) do you think would be the most popular, and a good starting point for them? Give me your opinions and I will forward this link to her for them to read. Should they do a summer and fall colored fish?

Here Is what I just ordered

http://www.shop.zzfish.com/product.sc?c ... ductId=110

Rod, the best king my boat ever took was 42'' with a 29 1/2 '' girth weighed in at 38.9. That was officially weighed. Exact same day, took another 42'' king that weighed in at 34 with a 28'' girth. This was the summer of '99 the year of the big kings. So those are some numbers to work around I guess. You know as well as I do that the last few years, kings exceeding 35 are few and far between however. So maybe someone else will chime in here. For what you and I view as a cookie cutter, is a trophy to a youngster. But as a starter I'd suggest app. 36'' I would think-

Thanks Duane, that's actually the number I told her off the top of my head. If they were to produce only one size to start with, I figured 36" would be a good starting point. I wanted to know If you guys felt the same? I believe true "trophy" fish should probably be custom made from a picture or mounted traditionally, But that's to expensive for some people and takes to long for others. I thought this was a cool alternative. I didn't think Justin's fish was a true "trophy" and I honestly think he will top It within the next year or two, but I'm getting the striper replica for him to hang In his room with some framed pictures of him and his "lunker" because he seemed so proud of it and I think he's gonna absolutely love it!

I'll let you know what I think when It arrives tomorrow or the next day ;)

Rod, of course Justin's striper is a trophy. He outfished his old man that day didn't he :) I remember getting my oldest daughter's first fish she landed many years ago mounted. It was a sunfish of app. 8'' long. She was so proud of it, and to her it was a trophy. For me it was a day I'll remember forever. Read your follow up about Justin asking if he was famous. Now that is what makes the love of the sport of fishing so special. Making lifelong memories with friends and family. It is a cool idea what you are doing for him with the replica. Anxious to see it when it arrives-Duane

Justin, nice job on the fish as always. Feel free to post your report here anytime we all like to hear the whole story of fishing trips .Some times your dad leaves out the little things like no anchor chain,flopping radar dome,im shure there are a lot of little things he leaves out of his post.(he,he)If you hit the rip with live bait on small tackle thats pretty cool also.Maybe this spring you guys and Diesel(Rick) can bring his boat up the hudson river to Newburgh for some awsome stripper fishing.Those stripers are pretty tasty arnt they? keep your grades up so you can skip a couple days next spring.Looking forward for your reports. Ray K.

Ray....are you hitting the sauce again? Ok, So I got the fish replica today and as promised I took a picture of It. Imo , It's pretty awesome for a $110 replica and I got It In only one day!! I'm very Impressed with the quality, couldn't be much happier actually. It's a great representation of the fish Justin caught.

The real thing

FISHINGSANDYHOOK024_edited.jpg

The Replica

fishingsandyhook032-1.jpg

fishingsandyhook034.jpg

I'd buy another one In a heartbeat! I can't wait till Christmas to give It to my son..... :D:D:D

I still think It would be nice to see them produce some Salmon, but based on the few responses here maybe there Is not the market I thought there might be? I've made the suggestion and they seemed receptive. If anyone else would like to see them produce Salmon call them and ask If they carry Chinook (which they don't) If a few more people do that, they'll

see the market and create some Salmon for us. They said they are always looking to add more fish to their Inventory.

Here Is the number:

Land & Sea

Leading Wholesaler of Taxidermy Fiberglass Fish Reproductions!

(800) 213-0027