Down East Rod Holders for dipsey divers

I use Salty S17’s in my musky trolling setup and they work well in that application.  One downside in a salmon trolling setup is on many boats the rod butt will stick out into the deck space so you have to be careful not to knock rod loose from holder going to other rods.  As hard as dipseys pull I prefer a full length metal tube rod holder for dipseys.  With the salties you might want to have a “safety” cord on your rod just in case rod gets a hard hit or knocked around.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2019 at 7:54 PM, mr 580 said:

I use Salty S17’s in my musky trolling setup and they work well in that application.  One downside in a salmon trolling setup is on many boats the rod butt will stick out into the deck space so you have to be careful not to knock rod loose from holder going to other rods.  As hard as dipseys pull I prefer a full length metal tube rod holder for dipseys.  With the salties you might want to have a “safety” cord on your rod just in case rod gets a hard hit or knocked around.

I got them yesterday. Look real good. I see what you are saying about rod butt protruding in though. Did not think of that. But I am going to try them. I will put a safety rope with a dog  snap on each one. 

I got them yesterday. Look real good. I see what you are saying about rod butt protruding in though. Did not think of that. But I am going to try them. I will put a safety rope with a dog  snap on each one. 

Check out the Fat AZ mounts. They have an angled one to get that but out a little more. Won't work with yours but for future reference

And I 100% recommend if you have buddies resetting rods, they make sure that cradle is locked down !!

• 3 months later...