Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was reading the Farmer's almanac forecast the other day and they are calling for a cooler summer with rain. I'm hoping this isn't a repeat of last summer, I felt like all it did was rain. Anyway, anyone hearing any different reports? 

Posted (edited)

The meteorologists have a difficult time forecasting tomorrows weather and they sometimes get as close as dark tonight and light tomorrow. Now your telling me to go with a magazine compiled over a year ago and written in a way that's so vague they get the odd day close,.you might as well just read chicken entrails.

If I had realized 20% was a pass I would have stayed in school and become a meteorologist

Edited by horsehunter
  • Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• Small Boat, Late Summer Trolling Diagram

Been following this site for a few years when a good friend got me hooked (pun) on this sport. This community has been a huge resource of knowledge so i feel a sincere gratitude for all the info shared.  As an engineer for a living i often find myself having to sketch out different scenarios (construction....or fishing?).  So here is a sketch i did recently getting pumped up for a Lake O trolling weekend.  Hope it helps folks a fraction of what i have been helped by others on here.  Cheers.

in Tackle and Techniques

• Summer Bass - Having Trouble

Quick Question for the more seasoned bass guys out there. What do you do to find fish in the deep summer? It seems like I CANNOT find a deep weed edge in our lakes (think Sodus or Conesus). All I find when I look for the deep edge is grass that comes up to about 5 ft down in 12 ft of water. This is where I see most guys flipping or dropshotting. The real deep break is around 17 ft and it just desolate beyond that break. Seems like I never catch anything when I fish that hard break.   

in Bass Fishing

• Updates from Buffalo: Summer LOC Derby, Latest Outdoor News, Fishing Reports, Recent Catches and More

The Buffalo News provides updates and information on several topics of interest to fishing enthusiasts, including the Summer LOC Derby, outdoor news, fishing reports, photos and stories of recent catches in the region and more. See below for the latest details and links.   “Summer LOC Derby winner enjoys last-minute heroics” from The Buffalo News In this article from The Buffalo News called "Summer LOC Derby winner enjoys last-minute heroics," Bill Hilts Jr. provides details about

in Lake Ontario Counties (LOC) - Fishing Reports

• Last day summer LOC

First light out to a good chop .    Went west and set up in 80 .  No other boats in sight . Till I got close to the nose .    Only used 2 rods off the riggers as it was rough . Two hand painted 11"  white hot spots . One I call Martha Stewart and the other Binwadin. Both with Gary D rigs . One glow head , one luminescent head .    Immediate action and was hot for the first 2 hrs . Spent most of the morning fishing straight into it so fighting/ landing fish was,

in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)

• Sodus 7/2219 very wet but fun

My son and I got out on the water about 6:30 AM and it took another nearly half hour at the 5 mph speed limit from the launch to the lake via the bay. We headed out to 100 ft to start as the water was very mixed temps all over the place. In one spot it would be 74 degrees to 80 ft and then another we would find 50 degree water at 70 ft over 100-205 ft. We had a small salmon right off the bat in 125 ft on green home made fly behind mountain dew flasher out 175 on wire with deeper diver set at 2 a

in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)